Thank you for choosing Verty furniture. We hope that you will find the following information useful in keeping your furniture looking its best for many years to come.
The grain patterns on wood may vary depending on the species and way in which it is sawn – for example, Sheesham is grown across several regions of India, each with unique mineral soil compositions, resulting in grain pattern structures that are just characteristics of the natural beauty of the wood. Some furniture is deliberately aged to give it a more rustic feel.
The appearance of timber surfaces will soften and mature over time. The gloss levels on new furniture will initially vary from pieces that were previously purchased.
How to care for your wood furniture ? Daily care and maintenance
- Clean surfaces with a clean, dry or slightly damp cloth, but do not use detergents
- Use a soft lint-free cloth to gently dust your furniture
- Do not use abrasive cleaners
- Do not use silicon or spray polishes as they may leave a residue on the surface of the furniture
- Do not place very hot or very cold items on surfaces unless adequately thick table mats are used to prevent such items from coming into contact with the surface
- Remove liquid spills promptly
Occasional care and maintenance – every 3 months
- Because this range is hand laquered we recommend the use of natural beeswax
- Apply a small amount over the furniture and buff with a clean lint-free cloth. This will bring your piece back to its natural beauty
- Care must be taken not to use too much of this product and any excess must be removed with a dry cloth
General care and maintenance
- Keep away from direct sunlight and avoid above average room temperatures or extreme changes in temperature
- If drawers are sticking or gaps appear in joints, check the level of humidity in the room where the furniture is
- If the room is too dry the furniture may warp, twist or split
- Please refrain from placing this range in conservatories or rooms with underfloor heating
- Please protect wooden floors by placing protective wooden felt pads on the bottom of your furniture legs
- Leave a 3cm gap behind any taller pieces to allow the air to circulate
Protect surfaces with coasters or mats from hot dishes. Wipe up spills immediately. Do place a mat or pad under paper if you are writing.
Wood veneer is essentially thin slices of timber spliced from the tree trunk which is then stitched and pasted onto different surfaces to give the appearance of natural wood, without the imperfections. These surfaces are maintained much the same way as described above.
Never drag furniture when moving it; always lift it! Safety guide
- Please do not drag or push your furniture. This may cause the piece to become unstable. Each piece has a recommended minimum person handling label; please follow this advice carefully
- Do not rock or stand on chairs
Protect the surfaces from scratches and marks by using coasters or mats.
If the glass is chipped or broken stop using the product and consult the manufacturer or supplier.
Do not place very hot or very cold items on the glass surface unless adequately thick table mats are used to prevent such items from coming into contact with the glass. Do not sit or stand upon the glass surface. Do not use the glass as a chopping surface. Do not strike the glass with hard or pointed items. When cleaning glass panels use a damp cloth or leather with washing-up liquid or soft soap if necessary; do not use washing powders or any other substances containing abrasives since these substances scratch glass. When cleaning stainless steel always use products formulated to clean this material.
Metal and faux leathers Protect leather from spillage and heat. Both surfaces may be cleaned using a clean damp cloth. Garden furniture It is best to avoid keeping garden furniture in wet or excessively dry conditions for extended periods of time. This will deplete the natural oils that are present it the wood. Upholstery Remove spills with a damp cloth and wipe dry. Use table mats and coasters on the Safari trunk tables. Fabric furniture Please remove any spillages with a clean damp/dry sponge immediately. Fabric is not scotch guarded.